People with Special Needs
If you no longer see the person, seeing only the disabled who is blind?
If you no longer hear the cry of his brother to justice, who is deaf?
If you can not communicate with his sister and separates, who is mute?
If your mind does not let your heart reach his neighbor, who is
imbecile? If you are not up to defend the rights of
all, who is crippled?
The attitude towards disabled people may be our biggest handicap ...
And his too.
What do you think?. Do you agree?
DECLARATION OF SALAMANCA
Reaffirming the right to education for all, as enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 1948, and renewing the assurance given by the world community at the World Conference on Education for All in 1990 to ensure that right, regardless of differences individual.
Recalling the various statements of the United Nations that culminated in 1993, the UN Norms on the Equalization of Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities, which urges states to ensure that the education of persons with disabilities is an integral part of the education system.
Noting with satisfaction the increasing involvement of governments, pressure groups, from community groups and parents, and in particular organizations of persons with disabilities, in seeking to promote access to education for the majority of which have special needs and not yet covered by it, and recognizing, as evidence from involvement, active participation of high level representatives from numerous governments, specialized agencies and intergovernmental organizations in this World Conference.
We delegates to the World Conference on Special Needs Education representing ninety-two countries and twenty-five international organizations, assembled here in Salamanca, Spain, from 7 to 10 July 1994, we, in this way, our commitment towards Education for All, recognizing the need and urgency of ensuring education for children, youth and adults with special educational needs in the regular system of education, and sanctioned, by the way, the framework of the Action in the area of Special Needs Education so that governments and organizations are guided by the spirit of its proposals and recommendations.
We believe and proclaim that:
• each child has the fundamental right to education and should have the opportunity to achieve and maintain an acceptable level of learning,
• each child has characteristics, interests, abilities and learning needs of their own,
• education systems must be planned and implemented educational programs for the wide diversity of characteristics and needs,
• children and youth with special educational needs should have access to regular schools, that they must adapt by focusing on teaching a child is able to meet these needs,
• regular schools, in this inclusive orientation are the media able to combat discriminatory attitudes, creating open and cohesive communities, building an inclusive society and achieving education for all, in addition, provide adequate education to the majority of children and promote efficiency in a cost-optimal quality, the whole educational system.
We call on all governments and encourage them to:
• give the highest priority, through policy measures, and through fiscal measures, the development of their educational systems so that we can include all children, regardless of individual differences or difficulties,
• taken as matters of law or policy as the principle of inclusive education, allowing all children in regular schools, unless there are reasons which require to proceed otherwise,
• develop demonstration projects and encourage exchanges with countries that have experience with inclusive schools,
• establish mechanisms for planning, monitoring and evaluating education for children and adults with special educational needs of a decentralized and participatory,
• encourage and facilitate the participation of parents, communities and organizations of persons with disabilities in planning and making decisions on services in the area of special educational needs,
• invest more effort in the identification and early intervention strategies, as well as in vocational aspects of inclusive education,
• ensure that in the context of a systemic change, programs for teacher training, both initial and in service, including answers to special needs education in inclusive schools.
We also urge the international community, calling in particular:
• governments and international cooperative programs with the international financing agencies, especially the sponsors of the World Conference on Education for All, the Organization of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the United Nations Fund for Children, ( UNICEF), the Development Program of the United Nations (UNDP) and World Bank:
- to endorse the idea of inclusive education and support the development of education for students with special needs as part of all educational programs;
• the United Nations and its specialized agencies, particularly the International Labor Organization (ILO), the World Health Organization (WHO), UNESCO and UNICEF:
- To strengthen its technical cooperation, and cooperation and reenforcem work in order to support more effective responses to integrated and open for special educational needs;
• to non-governmental organizations involved in planning and organization of the services:
- to strengthen its collaboration with official bodies and to intensify their growing involvement in the planning, implementation and evaluation of inclusive responses to special educational needs;
• à UNESCO, enquanto agência das Nações Unidas para a Educação:
- to ensure that the education of people with special educational needs is part of every discussion related to education for all held in different forums;
- to mobilize the support of organizations related to education, to promote the training of teachers, with the answers to the special educational needs;
- that stimulate the academic community to strengthen the research and work together and establish regional centers of information and documentation; equality, which is a meeting point of these activities and an engine for the dissemination and progress achieved in each country, the continuation of this Declaration;
- to mobilize funds within the next Medium-Term Plan (1996-2000), by creating an extensive program to support inclusive school and community programs, which will launch pilot projects to demonstrate and disseminate new perspectives and promote the development of indicators related to deficiencies in the field of special educational needs and services that respond to them.
Finally, express our heartfelt gratitude to the Government of Spain and UNESCO for organizing this conference and solicitamo them to take the action that accompanies the knowledge of the world community, especially the forums as important as the World Conference for Social Development
( Copenhagen, 1995) and World Conference on Women (Beijin, 1995).
Aprovado por aclamação, na cidade de Salamanca, Espanha, neste dia, 10 de Junho de 1994.
"No country in the world has reason to be satisfied with the quality of
educational resources made available to students with special needs. Nevertheless, the numerous examples of good practice in different countries make it possible to reassess the ways as an inclusive education and learning of high quality could be offered to all. In this process, all countries have much to learn from each other. "
We are a team of people of good will, private tutors, specialists with master's degree and doctorate in education who donate a little of our time to devote to solidarity with the poor, in the context of special needs and in paticular seek help APAE. Consultations with educational, psychological, both for students as to their families. And try to implement assistive technology, where he developed educational software targeted to special needs teaching, and exploring the communication equate alternative (CAA).
We reaffirm our commitment to the nonprofit to work with Special Education and with people with special needs. We reaffirm our commitment to citizenship and dignity of persons with special needs not only in our country but with all human beings recognize that:
• without being able to use the words through words written or spoken people with special needs could not be integrated to living as true members of society;
• with the application of Assistive Technology and the use of educational software educational, developed in various areas of knowledge in line with the plan of the teacher education and its reality in the classroom. The student will contact via software programs, with various disciplines worked in the classroom, with texts, animations, videos, hypertexts, hypermedia and other resources that the student with special needs, may provide targets for the use of personal power in the changing society.
So before that, we're asking everyone to help this comin and all men of good will to help us judar, with small contributions we can continue our work with solidarity. Make your donations in the form of the account below:
Jesus said: "What help is one of those little ones that are helping ME"
BANCO DO BRASIL
AGENCY : 2818-5
CURRENT ACCOUNT: 817.119-X
YOU CAN HELP ALSO PURCHASEDIN OUR EDUCATIONAL SOFTWARE PEDAGOGICAL.
PURCHASE OF THE SOFTWARE YOU ARE PEDAGOGICAL EDUCATION HELPING CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS. HELP US WHO NEED HELP. PLEASE CONTACT WITH OUR E-MAIL BELOW. MAY GOD GIVE YOU IN DOUBLE.
BELOW IS THE E-MAIL CONTACT. CONTACT US AND WHO EITHER NEED HELP. CHILDREN THANK.